- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Due to the limitation of Windows Disk Management, you cannot convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss. It requires to delete all volumes on dynamic disk so that you can convert it to basic disk by Disk Management. And if you forget to backup data, you may suffer a huge loss then.
Luckily, partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master can help you convert dynamic disk to basic disk directly without deleting all volumes. No data loss will be caused.
In the following, you'll find three solutions to convert dynamic disk to basic disk:
If you want to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss, EaseUS Partition Master will achieve this task for you. EaseUS Partition Master is a professional disk converter which can change dynamic disk containing simple volumes into a basic disk directly. Free download and activate it with a key, then follow below steps to convert dynamic disk to basic now:
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master, and go to main screen.
2. Right click the dynamic disk and choose "Convert to basic disk".
Or select dynamic disk which you want to Convert to basic disk on the disk map, Disk becomes available on the toolbar. Click "Disk " and choose "Convert to basic disk".
3. Click "Apply" to convert dynamic disk to basic disk.
After EaseUS Partition Master applies these changes, you will see the dynamic disk has become basic disk in Windows Disk Management. And then you can use "Resize/Move partition" feature to resize partitions on the basic disk. You can also use "Resize volume" to resize dynamic disk directly.
If you are looking for a way to convert basic to dynamic disk, EaseUS Partition Master will work for you with its "Convert to dynamic disk" feature. No data loss issue will occur.
Case 1: Convert dynamic disk which contains mirrored volumes to basic
If the dynamic disk contains mirrored volumes,you'll need to break mirrored volumes by Windows Disk Management firstly. And then convert dynamic disk to basic disk with the "Convert to basic disk" feature of EaseUS Partition Master in Solution 1.
1. Right click "My Computer" and choose "Manage" -> "Storage" -> "Disk Management", right click the mirrored volumes and choose "Break Mirrored Volume" to break mirrored volumes or choose "Remove Mirror" to remove mirror.
If the boot/system partition is on the mirrored volumes, you can only choose "Remove Mirror" to remove mirror. Please backup your important data before this operation.
2. After choosing "Break Mirrored Volume" or "Remove Mirror", the mirrored volumes on the dynamic disk which you want to Convert to basic disk will become simple volumes. Follow the steps in Solution 1 to complete converting dynamic disk to basic disk.
Case 2: To convert dynamic disk to basic disk with Disk management
If there is no mirrored volume in dynamic disk, you can directly follow below steps in Disk Management to convert dynamic to basic disk now:
You're still recommended to backup all important data and even volumes on dynamic disk which you want to convert to basic disk. Follow next steps to use diskpart command to convert dynamic disk to basic now.
Tips: Convert to basic disk feature can only convert dynamic disk with simple volumes. The other types of dynamic volume like spanned volume, striped volume are not supported. You may refer to: How to convert dynamic disk with mirrored volumes and find more effective methods.