- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
When a hard drive is manufactured, it usually contains some bad sectors. With the disk comes into increasing use, more can develop. The data stored in a bad sector can be corrupted or lost.
How to know if there are bad sectors in the hard drive? A surface test tool does what it implies - it scans the disk surface to check for bad sectors and marks bad sectors so that the computer knows not to use them in the future. If you have no idea about how to do a surface test, here you may try a highly recommended magic partition manager - EaseUS Partition Master.
Now partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master, its Surface test is available for computer users. It can identify bad sectors by reviewing the hard drive. When it finds bad sectors, it will mark those sectors as bad with red color so that the system knows not to use them. It may allow them to be read, in case the data stored on the bad sector is still accessible, but they cannot be written to.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Select the hard disk you want to test surface, right click the hard disk and select Check parition.
3. Select Surface Test, then EaseUS Partition Master starts checking bad sectors for hard disk. Bad sectors will be marked as red.
Excepting using this software to do surface test and check disk on your hard disk, you may also apply it to handle other partition problems like partition magic x64, remove gpt disk partition or more cases.