Make your life easy!
For Home & Home Office
For Service Provider
Partition Master 10.2
Create a WinPE bootable media without installing AIK/WAIK
Have you ever met low disk space warning when using the computer (see the picture below)? Windows create the low disk space warning to alert computer users to indicate there is not enough space on the disk. When this warning pop out, it means that you will suffer a big risk of data loss and low work efficiency with the computer. The typical reason is without enough space for the system, the computer will not work efficiently and stably. Besides, defragment and more installation are not available. One way to solve this big problem is to extend system partition to optimize disk space usage and get powerful disk management to increase the efficiency of Windows-based system administration.
If there are too much data in system partition (C drive) and your system partition (C drive) is in low disk space, you need to enlarge it to optimize disk space usage and get powerful partition and hard disk management to increase the efficiency of Windows-based system administration. How to extend system partition, please read the following.
Solution 1 - Extend system partition with EaseUS Partition Master
Tips: If there is not enough free space (100MB) to install EaseUS Partition Master on the system partition (C: drive), please change the installation directory to other partition while installing EaseUS Partition Master.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Right click the D: partition that you want to carve up free space for the C: drive on the disk map, and choose "Resize/Move partition".
3. Position the mouse pointer on the left partition handle. Drag the handle to the partition size you want when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.
4. Now you get free space right behind system partition (C drive). Position the mouse pointer on the right partition handle. Drag the handle to cover all free space until the handle can't move when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow.
Tips: Sometime the unallocated space is on the left of the partition you want to extend, just drag the left partition handle leftwards to the size you want.
5. If you are satisfied with the operation you make, you will see the operations you do in Pending operations. Just click "Apply". You will have a bigger C drive.
Tips: Extend NTFS system partition without rebooting the computer, refer to How to extend NTFS system partition without rebooting?
Solution 2 - Extend system partition with Windows built-in Disk Management
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7/8, its built-in disk management can extend system partition by"Extend Volume".
Solution 3 - Extend system partition with Windows built-in DiskPart command
Diskpart command applies to the following Operating Systems:
|Operating Systems||System partition||Data partition|
|Windows Server 2003||-|
|Windows Server 2008|
The above Operating Systems built-in Diskpart command can extend system partition when there is continuous unallocated space behind the system partition. Take system partition on disk 0 for example.
1. Click Start and type cmd, then press enter.
2. In the command prompt, type diskpart and press enter.;
3. Type list disk and press enter.
4. Type select disk 0 and press enter.
5. Type detail disk and press enter. This will give you a list of all the volumes on the selected disk.
6. Type select volume 0 (system partition) and press enter.
7. Type extend.
The above methods (Solution 2 and Solution 3) can only extend system partition when there is unllocated space behind it. Otherwise, you cannot extend it. If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, how to extend it? Partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master can extend partition whether there is unallocated space behind it or not.