- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
Have you ever met low disk space warning when using the computer? Windows create the low disk space warning to alert computer users when there is not enough space on the disk. When this warning pops out, it means that you will suffer a big risk of data loss and low work efficiency with the computer. The reason is that if there is no enough space for the system, the computer will not work efficiently and stably. Besides, defragment and more installation are not available.
If there are too much data in system partition (C drive) and your system partition (C drive) is in low disk space, you need to extend system partition to optimize disk space usage and get powerful partition and hard disk management to increase the efficiency of Windows-based system administration. How to extend system partition, please read the following.
Solution 1 - Extend system partition with EaseUS Partition Master
Before doing any operations in extending system partition, do remember to backup all important data in computer partitions. Or you’ll suffer huge data loss problem.
Tips: If there is not enough free space (100MB) to install EaseUS Partition Master on the system partition (C: drive), please change the installation directory to other partition while installing EaseUS Partition Master.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master and launch it.
2. Right click the D: partition and choose "Resize/Move partition" to carve up free space for the C: drive.
3. Position the mouse pointer on the partition that you need resize and drag the handle to adjust its exact size.
Tips: Sometime the unallocated space is on the left of the partition you want to extend, just drag the left partition handle leftwards to the size you want.
4. Click "Apply". You will have a bigger C drive.
Tips: Extend NTFS system partition without rebooting the computer, refer to how to extend NTFS system partition without rebooting?
Solution 2 - Extend system partition with Windows built-in Disk Management
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7/8, its built-in disk management can extend system partition by"Extend Volume".
Solution 3 - Extend system partition with Windows built-in DiskPart command
Diskpart command applies to the following Operating Systems:
|Operating Systems||System partition||Data partition|
|Windows Server 2003||-|
|Windows Server 2008|
The above Operating Systems built-in Diskpart command can extend system partition when there is continuous unallocated space behind the system partition. Take system partition on disk 0 for example.
1. Click Start and type cmd, then press enter. In the command prompt, type diskpart and press enter.
2. Type list disk and press enter.
3. Type select disk 0 and press enter.
4. Type detail disk and press enter. This will give you a list of all the volumes on the selected disk.
5. Type select volume 0 (system partition) and press enter.
6. Type extend.
The above methods (Solution 2 and Solution 3) can only extend system partition when there is unllocated space behind it. Otherwise, you cannot extend it. If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, how to extend it? Partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master can do. It can also be applied to solve other partitioning problems such as to convert fat 32 in Windows XP and Vista.