Convert Logical Partition to Primary Partition
This operation is for converting a Logical volume to a primary volume and applies to basic MBR disks.
Each basic MBR disk can have either up to four primary volumes, or up to three primary volumes plus an unlimited number of logical volumes. To prepare a volume for system or boot volume, you need to convert it to primary volume.
To convert a logical volume to primary:
- Right-click the logical volume that you want to convert to primary, and then click Convert to primary.
- Click OK to add the pending operation of converting volume to primary.
- The pending operation will be performed by clicking Apply. Exiting the program without applying the operation will discard it.
- A basic MBR disk can only have up to four primary volumes, or up to three primary volumes plus successive logical volumes.
- If the disk contains more than one logical volume, you can convert a logical volume to primary only when there are two or less primary volumes on the disk.