This feature converts FAT partition in good condition to NTFS partition.
File system conversion steps:
1. Select a FAT12/16/32 partition;
2. Click Partitions -> Convert to NTFS.
3. The pop-up dialog box will show the source and destination file system, click OK to go.
You may also do it by right mouse click.
Partition conversion can only be realized under Windows. Linux is not supported.
Source file system must be FAT12, FAT16 or FAT32 and the partition is unhidden.
Make sure minimum 3% free space on partitions.
Conversion would fail if partition contains an error.
Reasons and Solutions
1. Scant free space. Remove some files to make free space and try again.
2. Error partition. Use Windows built-in Chkdsk.exe/F to repair. If failed again, the partition has severe error and the conversion could not be completed.
For more details, please see How to Convert FAT Partition to NTFS.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Partition Magic ® is a registered trademark of Symantec Corporation.