- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition format is an operation that will clear partition data and then reconfigure parameters for the specified partition. Why do you usually need to format partition? Actually, formatting partition can be done to meet actual demands. For example, you may be forced to format a partition to install Windows Operating System, change file system, fix disk errors or file system and prepare it for reuse. Usually, you can do it using Windows disk management tool. But in some special situations, this free built-in tool won’t help, then you need a third-party partition format tool. Here EaseUS partition software with "Format partition" feature is ready for help! Next, we will show you how to format partition or hard drive step by step.
Attention: Partition format will erase all the data on the partition, including files and folders! Take special care and make sure that you have back up for your data whenever you are trying to format a partition. If not, we suggest you to download our free backup software to do the backup job in the easiest and safest way.
1. Download and launch EaseUS partition format tool.
2. Select the partition you want to format.
3. Click "Partitions" > "Format partition", you can also choose "Format partition" by right clicking the mouse.
4. Type the label you want in the Partition Label box.
5. Select the file system type to be created from the "File System" drop-down list. (FAT/FAT32, NTFS, EXT2/EXT3). If the partition is larger than 4GB, you can only choose FAT32, NTFS or EXT2/EXT3; if the partition is smaller than 4GB, you can choose FAT, FAT32, NTFS or EXT2/EXT3.
6. Choose the Cluster Size (512 bytes, 1, 2, 4...64KB) from drop-down list.
Smaller cluster size makes less wasting of disk space.
The smaller cluster size is, the bigger file allocation table (FAT) will be. The bigger the FAT is, the slower the operation system works with the disk.
7. Click "OK" to apply the format operation.
8. Click "Apply" to apply all pending operations.
If you want to recover files from formatted, corrupted and RAW partitions, please use the free data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition. Please read this instruction: How to recover files from formatted hard drives?