- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Similar to disk clone, partition clone is a way that allows you to copy all the content on a partition to another one. And you may need to clone or copy partition for different reasons. First, data backup is one of the main reasons. Suppose that you are going to resize or do some other operations on a partition, you may want to copy the partition to create a backup to avoid data loss disaster. And the second main reason might be OS or data transfer. Sometimes, especially when you want to transfer operating system or applications from one partition to another, you should clone partition other than just transfer the data by the simple copy and paste operation which will result in system unbootable or some other issues. Of course, you might be required to copy partition for some other purpose.
When you run into such a situation, do you know how to copy or clone partition safely and effectively? Please don't worry , even if you have any idea about how to do it. Next, we will introduce you a powerful partition copy tool - Partition Copy Wizard built-in EaseUS Partition Master to help you do this job in the easiest way. To protect your data loss from program error or some other accidental affairs, EaseUS Partition Master is released with copy features - partition copy and disk copy. The partition copy tool helps you to clone/migrate partition to the unallocated space on the hard disk and hard RAID in order to backup the data. During the partition copy process, it also allows you to resize partitions in order to fit the target partition.
Moreover, EaseUS partition copy tool can not only support sector-by-sector copy but also file-by-file copy. As we all know, file-by-file copy is much faster than sector-by-sector copy because it only copy the files. Most of the partitions are FAT & NTFS partitions. The partition copy wizard can support FAT & NTFS partitions' file-by-file copy. Do not worry if there is something wrong with the file system so that you can not copy files. EaseUS Partition Master will check the partition before you start copying partition and will choose a sector-by-sector copy automatically to ensure your files' back up.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master. Select Wizard > Copy partition wizard.
2. Select the partition you want to copy as the source partition.
3. Partition Copy Wizard will automatically check the partition and after check, click Next.
4. Select unallocated space as a destination partition, click Next.
5. Edit the destination partition. On a disk map, current size of the partition is displayed on the top of the dialog box. The map also depicts the used and unused space within the partition and the free space surrounding the partition (if any exists). The minimum and maximum sizes that you can resize a partition appear below the map.
6. Click "Finish".
7. To preview the result on the left panel "Pending Operations". If it is right, then click "Apply".
1. Only unallocated space can be used as the destination partition during the process of partition copy.
2. The destination partition should be equal or larger than the source partition. Otherwise, the copied data may not keep intact.
3. Before performing copy operation, "chkdsk" function automatically checks the file system and fixes the errors if there's any. This feature makes copy operation faster and more stable.