- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Like many of you, I have a Samsung Galaxy Precedent that is quickly filling up internal memory. I have successfully rooted my phone but now want to use Link2SD to move apps to my SD card. So I can free up some space. But the problem is that I have no idea about how to partition my SD card. Does anyone have step-by-step instructions on how to do this job?
A partition is simply a logical division of mass storage or memory into isolated subdivisions. This is normally done to help reduce the burden of the internal storage on the device. When you use an Android phone which is lack in internal memory, you may need to partition the SD memory card inside the device to save more space on the internal storage. You can do it with a reliable SD card partition tool. It allows you to create partitions on the SD card to funnel a rooted device's applications to the card. In this case, you can install and run your programs from the card.
So how to partition Android SD card and release more storage space on for Android internal memory? Here we'll offer you simple steps to make everything easy for you in the blow.
In order to avoid unexpected data loss issue, it's recommended to backup and extract important data in Android SD card to external storage device or computer firstly. You can directly connect the SD card to your PC and extract all valuable data to PC.
EaseUS partition software is a reliable disk management tool that can make SD card partitioning job much easier. Here your first partition should be FAT 32 Primary which would be used as your "SD Card", Your second partition will be your EXT 4 primary partition which will become your new " Internal memory ". Now follow the steps to partition SD card in Windows with EaseUS partition software
1. Connect your SD card to your computer and launch EaseUS partition software. Right-click on the heading for your SD card and select "Wipe Disk"
Note: This will delete all data on the card, please make sure that you have backed up all your important files.
2. Set the number of wipe times in the Wipe Disk menu (10 times at most), and then click "OK" to add the disk wipe to the pending actions queue.
3. Click "Apply" to wipe the SD card and prepare it for partitioning.
After wiping all data from the SD card, you can now delete the whole partition on the card to leave unallocated space to repartition the SD card and create new partition for extending internal storage on Android SD card. Let's follow below offered guide lines to repartition Android SD card with EaseUS partition tool and extend Android internal memory with ease now:
2. Right-click the "Unallocated" heading under the SD card heading and select "Create partition". And then type in a label name for the partition in the "Partition Label" field if desired.
4. Set the amount of space you wish to allocate for regular file storage from the "Partition Size" menu and click "OK" to close the menu.
5. Click "Create" again and select "Primary" from the "Create as" drop-down menu.
As you can see, partitioning SD card is the best way to save internal memory. It is helpful to speed up the Android operating system. So you can get a better performance of your phone. And except for this advantage, partitioning SD card also allows you to create storage space for a recovery image. It is useful when you want to restore your system and data from a disaster.