- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
GPT is the abbreviation of GUID Partition Table. The widespread MBR partitioning scheme, dating from the early 1980s, imposed limitations which affected the use of newer hardware. Intel therefore developed a new partition-table format in the late 1990s as part of what eventually became UEFI. The GPT as of 2010 forms a subset of the UEFI specification.
Now EaseUS Partition Master is enhanced with GPT disk support, you can enjoy both the advantages of GPT disk and free partition management now.
The Windows built-in disk management provides limited features for GPT disk management. It is not possible to resize GPT disk with Windows Disk Management freely. A third party partition manager software like EaseUS Partition Master is necessary to resize GPT disk.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master and install it.
After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master. Right click the partition, choose "Resize/Move partition".
Start to resize
2. There will pop up a wizard; it will guide you to resize the GPT disk.
Resize GPT disk
3. Drag the boundary of the partition to any size you like.
4. You will have a smaller partition after apply.