If you keep business, medical or personal financial information and sensitive data on the hard disk, simple deletion and format aren't sufficient to protect the security of your private and sensitive data to avoid unauthorized access to it when you want to wipe out the unwanted information from your computer completely, dispose the hard disk or donate the computer to others. Deleted or formatted files can be restored easily. In this situation, we need to erase all the data on the hard disk by disk wipe to protect your privacy.
The only real, and many times proven method of permanent data removal is disk wipe technology. In order to permanently wipe your private and sensitive data from a disk, all binary data, down to a basic 0's and 1's must be overwritten with a new data.
EaseUS Partition Master provides Wipe Disk feature to erase all disk data permanently. It is used to completely wipe out all the data and partitions on your hard disk by replacing or overwriting the existing data with a new data. Once the wipe operation is carried out, the data will not be recovered by any data recovery software. If the number of times to wipe the hard disk is set to 10, the data will never be recovered by any data recovery solution. Following is the step-by-step instructions of wiping disk with EaseUS Partition Master:
1. Choose right edition of EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Select the hard disk which you want to wipe.
3. Select "Disk" -> "Wipe disk" on the main menu or right click the hard disk and choose "Wipe disk".
4. Set the number of times to wipe the hard disk. You can set to 10 at most.
5. Click "OK". If the hard disk contains system partition, your system will fail to boot after wiping the disk.
6. A dialog box will pop up as "A computer restart after disk erase is recommended".
7. Click "OK". You will see the wiped hard disk becomes unallocated space on the disk map.
8. Click "Apply" to apply the changes.
Note: The wipe disk operations cannot be undone after applying the changes. Please be careful that once the operation is carried out by EaseUS Partition Master, the data will not be recovered by any data recovery software!
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Partition Magic ® is a registered trademark of Symantec Corporation.