Make your life easy!
ALL-IN-ONE Windows Server disk management toolkit
Time Limited Offer - 20% OFF
30-day Money Back Guarantee
There are two ways available for you to create a partition on Windows 2003 Server, you may use the Disk Management built-in Windows Server or create partitions through partition management software such as EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition.
Disk Management in Windows Server 2003 can only allow you to create a partition on unallocated space, it can't satisfy you when:
However, EaseUS Partition Master Server allows you to perform more basic and advanced partition operations on Windows 2003 Server than you can do under the Disk Management. Functions that are provided include: create and delete partitions, resize and move partitions, merge partition, repair raid 5 volume, format partitions, hide and unhide partitions, set active partition, resize dynamic volume etc. Changes of partition on Windows 2003 Server can be previewed before applying to hard disk.
Right click My Computer and choose Manage, go to Disk Management. Right click Unallocated space and choose New Volume if it's on dynamic disk or New Partition if it's on basic disk. Follow the wizard to create new volume or partition on your disk.
Disk Management does not support to extend, shrink or move partitions on basic disk, it can only extend simple or spanned volume (not support to shrink volume size) on dynamic disk.
Right click the volume you want to extend and choose Extend Volume. Follow the wizard to select the amount of space you want to extend and finsih extending volume on Server 2003.
Case 1: If there is some unallocated space on the disk, you can create a partition on your Windows 2003 Server.
1. Select the unallocated space, click Create partition on the sidebar.
2. After that you may enter a partition label, select a drive letter, cluster size, partition size, partition type (Primary-Logical) and file system for the new partition.
Regularly, if the partition contains an Operating System, Primary is highly recommend to be chosen and if the partition is used for data storage, then Logical should be selected.
3. Click OK.
Case 2: If there is no unallocated space on the disk, you can shrink existing partition to create new partition on your Windows Server 2003.
1. Select the partition you want to shrink and click "Resize/Move partition".
2. A popped-up dialog box indicates the current size of the selected partition.
3. Position the mouse pointer on the right partition handle. Drag the handle to the partition size you want when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow and click OK.
4. Click Apply.
5. Now there is some unallocated space to create new partition.
Download this Server partition magic software to partition Server 2003 now.