- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
Partition Magic is a software utility for hard disk drive partitioning originally made by the Power Quest Corporation but owned by Symantec in 2003. The software runs on Microsoft Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP (Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2008 are not supported by Norton Partition Magic), or from a bootable CD/DVD and has the capability of resizing, creating different drives (partitions) and other modifications to hard disk drives without losing any information on the hard disk drive.
There have been a number of questions about partition magic for Windows 64 bit system. Due to changing consumer usage trends and Symantec's desire to offer the highest quality and most innovative solutions for the latest operating systems, Symantec has discontinued Norton Partition Magic 8.0. While as partition magic 64 bit alternative, magic 64 bit partition software - EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition and Professional Edition can resize partition easily without formatting the partition and data loss under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/8 32 bit and 64 bit.
As partition magic 64 bit alternative, EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition and Professional Edition can resize partitions on Windows 64 bit system with simple operations safely by its "Resize/Move partition" feature. Free Edition free for home users and Professional Edition for business users. Furthermore, EaseUS partition software can extend NTFS system partition without rebooting the computer.
The following is step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
If there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, please follow the below steps. If there is unallocated space behind the system partition, please directly go to step 4.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.