- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
MBR disks support only four partition table entries. That is to say, it only allows users to create four primary partitions at most. If more partitions are wanted, a secondary structure known as an extended partition is necessary. For this reason, many users might need to convert MBR disk to GPT disk. However, it is not an easy job for most users who are lack in computer knowledge and technical skills. So in this page, we would like to introduce you three simple ways to do the task: convert MBR disk to GPT disk with Windows Disk Management, convert MBR disk to GPT disk with EaseUS free partition software and convert MBR disk to GPT disk with Diskpart command line.
1. Right click My Computer and choose Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management.
2. If the MBR hard disk which you want to convert to GPT disk contains any partitions or volumes, right-click any volumes on the disk and then click Delete Partition or Delete Volume to delete all volumes.
3. Right-click the MBR disk that you want to change into GPT disk, and then click Convert to GPT disk.
EaseUS free partition software allows you to directly convert MBR disk to GPT disk without any data loss. It is much easier than disk management.
Note: If you want to convert MBR system disk to GPT, you will need EaseUS Partition Master Professional.
1. Launch EaseUS free partition software and select the MBR disk that you want to convert to GPT disk. And then click "Convert MBR to GPT".
2. Click Apply, you will see that the MBR disk has been converted to GPT disk without any data loss.
Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 5.
1. Type list disk and press enter. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.
2. Type select disk
3. Type clean and press enter to delete all partitions or volumes on the disk.
5. Type convert gpt and press enter.
6. Type exit and press enter.