- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.5
MBR disk & GPT disk conversion
16TB hard disk support
In computer hardware, GUID Partition Table (GPT) is a standard for the layout of the partition table on a physical hard disk. Although it forms a part of the Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) standard (Intel's proposed replacement for the PC BIOS), it is also used on some BIOS systems because of the limitations of MBR partition tables, which restrict a disk and partition's size to a maximum of 2TB. GPT allows for a maximum disk and partition size of 9.4 ZB.
In some cases, people may want to remove or delete the GPT disk partitions. Some computer users want to remove single GPT disk partition for their special needs. For example, the first partition is low disk space, while the second partition is not used yet. If so, he can remove the second GPT disk partition and extend the first one. For detailed steps of extending GPT disk partition, please refer to resize GPT disk partition with the unallocated space.
Other computer users would remove all GPT disk partitions. For example, convert GPT disk to MBR disk. As they are two different partition table styles, if you want to convert GPT disk to MBR disk, you need to remove all partitions on the GPT disk before converting.
As free partition manager, EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition can resize, copy, clone, remove or delete GPT disk partition, etc. The following is how to remove GPT disk partition with EaseUS Partition Master free edition.
Tips: Please backup your GPT disk partition data before this operation.
Here the following we’ll show you how to remove GPT disk partition with EaseUS Partition Master free edition. Please backup your GPT disk partition data before this operation.
Case 1: Remove single GPT disk partition
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Select the GPT disk partition which you want to remove, right click this partition and select "Delete partition".
3. Click "Apply" to apply the pending operation to remove GPT disk partition.
Case 2: Remove all GPT disk partitions
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master. Right click the GPT disk, and choose "Delete all partitions".
2. Click "OK" to confirm the partition deletion.
3. Click "Apply" to apply the pending operation to remove all the GPT disk partitions.
If you want to convert GPT disk to MBR disk, please choose the empty GPT disk, and then click "Initialize to MBR disk" in "Operations" section.