- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
Along with more utilities being installed on this Windows Server 2008, the original system partition size become smaller. When the free space in the boot partition C: drive is not enough to ensure computer running, you need to find a solution to enlarge your Server system partition. Since you have installed lots of Server applications and saved large amount of files to data partitions, for example, Windows Exchange Server, Windows SQL Server, etc, you would never want to reinstalling your Server computer. If you can increase partition size on Windows Server 2008 directly without recreating, that would be the most exciting thing for Server users. So this article introduces an easy way to change Server 2008 partition size with partition manager server - EaseUS Partition Master Server.
Before changing Server 2008 partition size, it is important to back up the server in case of data loss due to unexpected shutdown or other unknown reasons.
The following is detailed instruction to change system partition (C: drive) size on Windows Server 2008.
1. Download EaseUS Partition Master Server and launch it.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Drag the partition handle of system partition to extend it.
5. Click Apply. Your Server 2008 system partition has been extended.
Besides changing partition size, it can also merge partitions, copy partition/disk, upgrade system disk as well as resize dynamic volumes on Windows Server 2008.