- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
SSD (solid state drive) is a new technology in data saving. Comparing to traditional HDD, it has several significant advantages. That’s the reason why many users want to migrate OS to new SSD, the primary advantages for using an OS on SSD are:
1. SSD works in much more higher I/O speed. In personal products, the maximum transfer rate typically ranges from about 100 MB/s to 600 MB/s, depending on the disk. Enterprise market even offers devices with multi-gigabyte per second throughput. With this benefit, user can load system less than a minute, even in just seconds. So why not transfer system to new SSD to enjoy such a huge improvement?
2. Even the quietest HDD will emit a bit of noise when it is in use from the drive spinning or the read arm moving back and forth, particularly if it's in a system that's been banged about or in an all-metal system where it's been shoddily installed. Faster hard drives will make more noise than slower ones. SSDs make virtually no noise at all, since they're non-mechanical.
Many users now are looking for a reliable and efficient tool to migrate OS to new SSD. Brian Buckley from US is one of them, “I’m buying a new Windows 8 laptop today and want to replace the hard drive with an SSD. Will your Partition Master allow me to clone the Windows 8 hard drive to the SSD’ Brian?” He asked. The answer for Brian is YES. EaseUS Partition Master can help him to make it in the following ways.
1. Choose right edition of EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.Select Wizard -> Migrate OS to SSD/HDD from the main menu.
2. Select SSD as destination disk.
3. Delete partitions on the destination disk.
* If there are some partitions on the destination disk, please confirm to delete the partitions and data on the destination disk. In order to proceed with the operation, you should either allow EaseUS Partition Master to delete all the partitions on the destination hard disk or click Back to choose another destination hard disk.
4. Resize partitions on the destination disk. On a disk map, current size of the partitions on the destination Disk is displayed on the top of the dialog box. Position the mouse pointer on the left or right partition handle; the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow and drag the handle to the partition size you want. Click Next.
5. The destination disk information is displayed. Then click Finish.
6. To preview the result on the left panel "Pending Operations". If it is right, then click "Apply". Tick the "Shut down the computer after changes are applied."
After migrating OS from HDD to new SSD, you can also use EaseUS Partition Master to resize/move partition on new SSD.