Make your life easy!
For Home & Home Office
For Service Provider
Partition Master 10.2
Create a WinPE bootable media without installing AIK/WAIK
"I have just installed and formatted an additional hard drive. I am using Win XP Pro SP2. In Computer Management, the new drive shows as Simple Volume/Dynamic. Can someone tell me how to convert/change simple volume to primary partition?"
"I needed to split my hard disk into 4 partitions. After doing so all partitions got simple volume and not primary partition. Even where my vista is. The vista is booting correctly and working correctly, is there any way to convert/change simple volume to primary partition? thanks"
"Can anyone tell me if I can convert/change simple volume to primary partition? Our system drive was mirrored to another disk. We broke the mirror as we needed the other disk. The system drive (C :) is now a simple volume. The volume is a dynamic disk but we can't make the partition a primary. Any ideas?"
As we know, once you converted or changed a basic disk to dynamic disk, you cannot convert dynamic disk back to basic disk directly without deleting the volumes and repartition the disk by Windows Disk Management.
In this case, third party dynamic disk converting software like EaseUS Partition Master will save to convert/change simple volume to primary partition without data loss.
EaseUS Partition Master provides "Convert to basic disk" feature to convert/change simple volume to primary partition without data loss. The following is step-by-step instructions to convert/change simple volume to primary partition with free dynamic disk converting software - EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition.
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition.
2. Select dynamic disk which you want to Convert to basic disk on the disk map, click "Disk" on main menu and choose "Convert to basic disk" or right click the dynamic disk and choose "Convert to basic disk".
3. After you choose "Convert to basic disk", you will see the dynamic disk has become basic disk on the disk map.
4. Click "Apply" to convert/change simple volume to logical partition. The program will automatically convert all these dynamic volumes (except the system/boot volume) in the dynamic disk to logical partitions so that you can create more partitions as you wish.
5. Use our software to convert the logical partition you just get to primary partition. The process is easy and won't take much time.
ALL-IN-ONE Windows partition manager software
1. This Convert to basic disk feature can only process dynamic disk with simple and mirrored volumes. The other types of dynamic volume like spanned volume, striped volume are not supported. How to convert dynamic disk with mirrored volumes?
2. All other operations are not available before "Convert to basic disk" is applied.
3. Before you change a dynamic disk into a basic disk, please back up the disk.