- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Question: I am using Windows Server 2003. However, the Operating System Disk Manager will not allow me to extend system partition. Unfortunately, Microsoft Partner Support says I can only extend a Windows Server 2003 system partition by reformatting the drive and reinstalling the Windows Server 2003 Operating System or turning to a third-party solution. But I am not told which third-party solution I may use. Any ideas?
Answer: Extend system partition on Windows Server 2003 with diskpart command from bootable disk.
Extend system partition on Windows Server 2003 with EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition.
Diskpart.exe is a text-mode command interpreter that enables you to manage objects (disks, partitions, or volumes) by using scripts or direct input from a command prompt. Before you can use diskpart.exe commands on a disk, partition, or volume, you must first list and then select the object to give it focus. When an object has focus, any Diskpart.exe commands that you type act on that object.
You can only give focus to a partition on the selected disk. When a partition has focus, the related volume (if any) also has focus. When a volume has focus, the related disk and partition also have focus if the volume maps to a single specific partition. If this is not the case, then focus on the disk and partition is lost.
Tips: 1. The system volume can only be extended by running Diskpart.exe from a command line by bootable CD.
2. To extend system partition on Windows Server 2003, there must be some unallocated space behind the system partition. Otherwise, you cannot extend system partition with diskpart command, so a third-party server partition software is needed.
To extend system partition on Windows Server 2003, we recommend you to use EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition. It is the best value server partition software to partition server disk for IT administrators. It manages Windows Server quickly and safely. You may perform basic and advanced partition operations on your Server without data loss, including: Resize and Move partitions, Copy Partition, Copy Disk, Copy Dynamic Volume, Create and Delete partitions, Format partitions, Convert partitions, Split partition, Merge partitions, Explore partitions, Hide and Unhide partitions, Set active partition, etc. Changes of server partition can be previewed before applying to hard disk and all data is completely protected during any operation.
The most important feature of extending system partition on Windows Server 2003 by EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition is no data loss, but we still suggest you back up the server when you decide to extend system partition on Windows Server 2003 in case of unexpected shutdown or any other hardware failure.
Steps to extend system partition on Windows Server 2003
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition.
2. Right click partition E:, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Right click the system partition (C: drive) and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.