More and more applications and files are stuffed into your PC; you may encounter this famous Windows message one day: your system disk is full!
Under Windows XP, the system disk full message is like this:
You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (C:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here.
Under Windows 7, the system disk full message looks like this: the system disk will be displayed in red.
The system disk full problem will slow your computer; stop you from installing new applications. The worst is the computer may crash after running on full system disk for a long time.
Migrating for a new and bigger disk is a good idea, but you have to buy a new disk and reinstall the operating system on the new disk. Is there a way to solve the system disk full problem for free? The answer is YES!
EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is a free and powerful partition manager to release some space from other disks to the full system disk under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 32/64 bit. Here is the detailed steps:
Step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
Tips: We strongly recommend you backup data with free backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free before resizing partitions.
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply( if you do not want to finish it, you can click "Undo").
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Now, you have a bigger system disk with lots of free space. Your computer runs like a new one.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please let us know how we can improve this article or make it more useful to you. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Partition Magic ® is a registered trademark of Symantec Corporation.