- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
As applications continue to be installed into the Windows system, one day you may find the system partition (C: drive) does not have enough free disk space, and every time when the system starts, Windows always displays the low disk space warning as: "You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (C:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here..."
In this case, we have to delete the old or unnecessary files to get more free space in order to ensure the normal operations of Windows system. However, deleting files is not the best way, because actually it does not work and you will find C drive is out of space again soon.
Only Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 10 Disk Management have the ability to shrink and extend system volume. The operations are very simple. Just right click the partition and choose "Extend Volume", then you can increase C drive partition easily. But it has a huge disadvantage that you cannot extend a partition in Windows Vista, Windows 2008 or Windows 7 if there is no contiguous unallocated space behind the partition you want to extend. In this case, to increase C drive partition, you have to delete the partition behind it.
Diskpart command line is built in Windows, too. As it is not GUI, it is very inconvenient to operate. Moreover, you cannot increase C drive space (system partition) with Diskpart command in Windows environment. Why not use Windows partition manager software to increase C drive partition? It provides simple GUI, simple partition operations, disk/partition copy, partition recovery, etc.
1. Download and launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Use "Resize/Move partition" to shrink partition E: to make unallocated space for partition C:.
3. Increase C: drive with "Resize/Move partition" function.
4. Click Apply.
1. Only Windows Vista/2008/Windows 7 Disk Management has the ability to extend volume and shrink volume. But there must be contiguous unallocated space behind the partition that you want to extend. If there is no contiguous unallocated space, you can directly use EaseUS Partition Master to resize partitions.
2. Windows Disk Management cannot move partitions from one location to another, which is one of its disadvantages. But EaseUS Partition Master can move partitions and even support to extend C drive in Windows 10 with simple operations.
3. On dynamic disk of Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista and Windows 7/8, it is possible to extend the dynamic volume with another disk space by using "Spanned Volume" function. But this feature does not support to increase system partition (C: drive) size. While EaseUS Partition Master can resize dynamic disk directly.