- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
As applications continue to be installed into the Windows system, one day you may find the system partition (C: drive) does not have enough free disk space, and every time when the system starts, Windows always displays the low disk space warning as: "You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (C:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here..."
In this case, we have to delete the old or unnecessary files to get more free space in order to ensure the normal operations of Windows system. However, deleting files is not the best way, because actually it does not work and you will find c drive full again soon. Here blow we'll show you three effective free methods to increase partition C drive space with ease:
1. Free increase C drive space in Windows 10/8/7 with EaseUS partition manager software
2. Free extend C partition with Windows built-in Disk Management tool
3. Free increase system partition C drive space with CMD
You can selectively follow one offered method to extend system C drive space with ease now. And if you are not quite familiar with computer management jobs, Method 1 shall be your best choice.
EaseUS partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master Free supports to free manage partition, increase partition size including to increase space in C drive or other basic management jobs. You can directly free download it and follow below offered steps to extend C drive in Windows 7/8/10 with ease now.
You can follow the tutorial video to see how to increase C drive partition with the help of EaseUS Partition Master.
If you prefer to detail and step-by-step guide to increase C drive space in Windows 10/8/7, just follow below steps to do the job now:
1. Download and launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Use "Resize/Move partition" to shrink partition the partition to make unallocated space for partition C:.
3. Increase C: drive with "Resize/Move partition" function.
4. Click Apply.
1. Right click My Computer and choose Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management.
2. Select the adjacent disk of the disk you want to extend, right click and choose Shrink Volume to create some free disk space.
3. Select the disk you want to extend, right click and choose Extend Volume to increase disk space.
However, Windows built-in Disk Management utility has some limitations in increasing disk space. First, only Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 10 Disk Management have the ability to shrink and extend system volume. And second, there must be contiguous unallocated space behind the partition that you want to extend. Otherwise, you have to delete the partition behind it or increase disk space with third-party partition manager software such as EaseUS Partition Master Free.
The third recommended free method to increase system partition C drive space is to run CMD command. You shall be very careful with this process.
If there is a contiguous unallocated space behind system drive, you can follow below steps:
If here is no unallocated space right behind system volume, follw below sptes to you have to delete the adjacent drive to get an unallocated space by inputting the commands:
"list disk" + hit Enter > "select disk x" > "list partition" + hit Enter > "select partition y" + hit Enter > "delete partition" + hit Enter > "select partition x" + hit Enter > "extend" + hit Enter > "exit".
1. Windows Disk Management cannot move partitions from one location to another, which is one of its disadvantages. But EaseUS Partition Master can move partitions and even support to extend C drive in Windows 10 with simple operations.
2. On dynamic disk of Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista and Windows 7/8, it is possible to extend the dynamic volume with another disk space by using "Spanned Volume" function. But this feature does not support to increase system partition (C: drive) size. While EaseUS Partition Master can resize dynamic disk directly.