- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
As applications continue to be installed into the Windows system, one day you may find the system partition (C: drive) does not have enough free disk space, and every time when the system starts, Windows always displays the low disk space warning as: "You are running out of disk space on Local Disk (C:). To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here..."
In this case, we have to delete the old or unnecessary files to get more free space in order to ensure the normal operations of Windows system. However, deleting files is not the best way, because actually it does not work and you will find c drive full again soon.
1. Right click My Computer and choose Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management.
2. Select the adjacent disk of the disk you want to extend, right click and choose Shrink Volume to create some free disk space.
3. Select the disk you want to extend, right click and choose Extend Volume to increase disk space.
However, Windows built-in Disk Management utility has some limitations in increasing disk space. First, only Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 7 and Windows 10 Disk Management have the ability to shrink and extend system volume. And second, there must be contiguous unallocated space behind the partition that you want to extend. Otherwise, you have to delete the partition behind it or increase disk space with third-party partition manager software.
1. Download and launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Use "Resize/Move partition" to shrink partition E: to make unallocated space for partition C:.
3. Increase C: drive with "Resize/Move partition" function.
4. Click Apply.
1. Windows Disk Management cannot move partitions from one location to another, which is one of its disadvantages. But EaseUS Partition Master can move partitions and even support to extend C drive in Windows 10 with simple operations.
2. On dynamic disk of Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista and Windows 7/8, it is possible to extend the dynamic volume with another disk space by using "Spanned Volume" function. But this feature does not support to increase system partition (C: drive) size. While EaseUS Partition Master can resize dynamic disk directly.