- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.5
MBR disk & GPT disk conversion
16TB hard disk support
When we buy a brand new PC, almost everything will settled by the reseller. All you need is just get it and use it. After years' usage, PC will never work like the moment you got it. The longer the computer using time is, the slower it becomes. Low disk space alert pops up every time you do the Windows update. System break or even system crash happens to you and destroys everything that might be your painstaking effort.
It’s not so hard to find the source of all these annoyances: inappropriate disk space distribution. This means you fail to arrange disk partition size properly: some are too large and some are too small. Usually enough space should be left for C drive by storing Windows files and updates. All those problems I listed out above are often triggered by System C drive of no extra space for use. A consolatory fact is that disk space can be redistributed again with partition tool. Here I will mainly introduce a way to extend drive by merging partitions and make full use of disk space.
Disk Management enables you to redistribute disk space to a certain degree and using this tool to finish this mission just takes a few mouse-clicks.
Suppose your system C drive is out of disk space, D drive is a data partition after C drive with large amount of free space and the Operating system is Windows 7. Disk Management realizes merging partition in an indirect way. Copy all data in partition D into another safe place or back up all data into image.
1. Right click "Computer" > choose Manage > Disk Management> right click D drive and choose "Delete Volume".
2. Right click C drive > choose " Extend Volume" > claim the unallocated space into C drive.
Now you’ve merged C drive and E drive successfully. On one hand, this way is very simple and free, no professional tactics are needed. On the other hand, it has many limitations. The cost of using Windows toolkit is to delete another partition.
Though Windows provides many functions for our choice, however, many of them are limited to certain degree. So when you find your case is not applicable with the help of Windows toolkit, you should switch to third party partition software. Do remember to backup your data. Here you can try EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition: a freebie and enjoying great popularity among partition software. This software is applicable no matter the operating system is before or after Windows Vista. It also can be applied as a free Windows 10 partition manager that you can use it to manage your new Windows 10 partition now.
Directly merging two adjacent partitions is available in this freeware, go through the following tutorial of merging partitions.
1. Install and run EaseUS Partition Master Free.
2. Go to the main interface and choose the partition you decided to enlarge. Select "Merge partition" in the left sidebar or under "Partitions" menu on the top.
3. Decide which one to the Main and which one that needs to be merged into another partition.(These two partitions must be neighboring to each other unless there has unallocated space between them.)
4. After all set, click Apply and wait to see two partitions into a single one by this free partition software.
At the download page and more other editions can be seen there.