Does your disk often run out of space which makes you unable to upgrade the software, applications and upgrade system as well as store more data? If you are suffering such kind of thing, decide to purchase a new hard disk and reinstall operating system and all the applications on the new hard disk, it will be a large project spending several days of tedious work. The best choice is to copy the old disk to a bigger one without system reinstallation or application reinstallation.
How to upgrade disk to a bigger one? The clone function is the best choice, such as clone disk. So you can choose disk copy software (such as EaseUS Disk Copy 2.3, EaseUS Partition Master, EaseUS Todo Backup, etc.) to copy disk to a bigger one. Moreover, some users encountered this problem: when I clone disk successfully, then boot the computer from the bigger disk and not disconnect the source disk. After that, the computer is normal. Then shut down the computer, disconnect the bigger hard disk and boot the computer from the source hard disk, unfortunately, I cannot boot the computer from the source hard disk. Why cannot boot the computer from the source hard disk? Because the two hard disks all have operating system and they are same, booting from the bigger disk is dependent on the source disk. How to avoid this case? There is a safe way to copy disk to a bigger one with EaseUS Partition Master.
EaseUS Partition Master is very easy and safe to clone disk. Below are the basic steps to clone disk:
1. Choose right edition of EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master and then select Clone disk wizard from Wizard menu.
2. Select "Upgrade disk".
3. Disk Clone Wizard will automatically check the source disk and click Next after check.
4. Choose the Destination Disk, and then click "Next".
5. Confirm to delete the partitions and data on the destination disk.
6. The destination disk information is displayed. Then click Finish to end disk clone.
7. To preview the operations on the left panel "Pending operations". If it is right, then click "Apply".
8. Tick "Shut down the computer after changes are applied" option in "Apply Changes" dialog and click "Yes".
9. After disk copy is completed, the computer is shut down automatically, disconnect the source disk and boot the computer.
10. After you boot the computer from the bigger disk successfully, resize partitions on the bigger disk with EaseUS Partition Master.
Besides disk copy function, EaseUS Partition Master also has other powerful functions like resizing/moving partitions, formatting partitions, creating new partitions, deleting partitions, hiding partitions, changing drive letters, setting active partitions, and a handful other features.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please let us know how we can improve this article or make it more useful to you. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Partition Magic ® is a registered trademark of Symantec Corporation.