- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
1. Can Partition Magic resize Windows 10 partition?
2. Can Windows 10 built-in Disk Management resize Windows 10 partition?
3. EaseUS Partition Master VS Disk Management Built-in Windows 10
4. How to resize Windows 10 partition with EaseUS Partition Master?
No. Partition Magic runs on Microsoft Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000 and XP, but Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are not supported by Norton Partition Magic.
Yes. Windows 10 built-in Disk Management has the ability to shrink volume and extend volume. Just right click on "My Computer", choose "Manage", and you will get a popup window, choose "Disk Management" in left navigation bar. And then, your hard disk condition will show as follow.
Then you need to right click on the partition which you want to shrink, and choose "Shrink Volume", then type a number how much disk space you want to free up.
When there is some unallocated space next to the partition that you want to extend and right click the partition that you want to extend, choose "Extend Volume", and type the number of that unallocated space. Then Windows 10 partition resize is done.
Although there is some improvement of Disk Management Tool in Windows 10, but it still has many limitations in partition management. (Please refer to the comparison table below). Because some advanced partition management in Windows 10 is still unavailable when you find your system partition is out of space which will be in red as below:
In this condition, people have to seek best partition manager software for Windows 10. EaseUS Partition Master, a comprehensive free hard disk partition manager and system optimization software for Windows-based administration, works well with Windows 10.
|Features||EaseUS Partition Master||Windows 10 Disk Management|
|Resize dynamic volume|
|Copy dynamic volume, copy disk/partition|
|Extend NTFS system partition without reboot|
|Create, delete, format, change drive letter, set active|
|Hide, label, check partitions|
|delete all partitions|
|Create WinPE bootable disk|
|Support GPT disk|
So that's the main differences between EaseUS Partition Master and Windows 10 Disk Management Tool. You may check more detailed features of EaseUS Partition Master.
EaseUS partition manager offers a simple and convenient way to repartition hard drive partitions, EaseUS Partition Master runs well on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. Say, it enables you to extend the system partition, Create, Delete, Resize/Move, Copy, Merge, Split or Format partition.
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master. As the picture showed below, there is no unallocated space to extend the system partition. So first, you have to decrease one of partitions to gain the unallocated space.
2. Select one partition, and decrease it by clicking "Resize/Move partition" and then move it to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition.
3. Then select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition" to extend the C: drive.
4. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Besides partition manager features, EaseUS Partition software also provides some other features like Partition Recovery Wizard to recover deleted or lost partitions, Copy disk & partition wizard to upgrade or backup disk.