- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Installing a solid-state disk is one of the best upgrades which we are quite familiar; however, transferring/moving your Windows 10 installation to a small disk must be more complicated, because the data won't necessarily all fit on the new disk. Here's how to transfer Windows 10 to a SSD without reinstalling Windows and applications.
Generally speaking, "transfer operating system to SSD" is applied to upgrade hard disk on which the OS has been installed. For most of the users, it has been regarded as a hard problem to do it. Because it would take a lot of time to reinstall Windows Operating Systems and applications. So the OS migration is very important. You can find the best solution which can complete this task by cloning the system drive with some powerful and reliable tools, such as disk management software - EaseUS Partition Master.
The first-phase preparations must be backing up everything, and then deleting your personal files - like your documents, movies and music-from the current hard disk, which will make your Windows installation small enough to fit on the SSD. Then we'll clone your current disk onto the SSD. From there, all your user folders - like My Documents, My Music, etc. will be moved to the original hard drive, and restore all your personal files from the backup image. In this way, you can enjoy the benefits of high speed to migrate while keeping all your documents and files readily accessible on a second drive.
EaseUS Partition Master is able to clone Windows 10 OS and applications to SSD without reinstalling Windows, please refer to following guide.
1. Choose right edition of EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.Select Wizard -> Migrate OS to SSD/HDD from the main menu.
2. Select SSD as destination disk.
3. Delete partitions on the destination disk.
4. Resize partitions on the destination disk.
5. The destination disk information is displayed. Then click Finish.
6. Click "Apply" to start Windows 10 migration from HDD to SSD.
After transfering Windows 10 OS from HDD to SSD, you can also use EaseUS Partition Master to resize/move partition on SSD.