- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Partition Master 10.8
Convert system disk from MBR to GPT safely
If you have a partitioned hard disk and C drive is running out of space, you can choose to merge C with D for a larger system partition. And you can also choose to merge partitions for more free drive space. In this page we would like to introduce you two ways to merge partitions in Windows 7: merge partitions with Disk Management Tool and merge partitions with EaseUS partition manager.
1. Right-click “Computer” icon on the desktop, choose “Manage” and click “Disk Management” to get its main interface as follows.
2. Right-click partition D and then choose “Delete Volume” button to release unallocated space.
3. Right-click partition C and then choose “Extend Volume” button. Then, extend volume C by following Extend Volume Wizard.
Windows 7 built-in Disk Managemen tool requires you to delete the partition when you merge partitions with it. So, this method is not recommended because it will lead to data loss disaster. But is there any other solution that allows you to merge partitions in Windows 7 without data loss? Of course, yes. EaseUS partition software can help merge disk partitions without bringing any damage to original data. It provides copy wizard to backup the partitions you want to merge in a safe place to avoid any unexpected data loss.
1. Launch EaseUS partition tool, choose the partition you want to merge with the system disk, click Partitions and select Merge partition on toolbar.
2. In this Merge partition window, you should first choose two neighbour partitions in the partition layout, then choose the merge destination by selecting a partition label.
3. Click OK, the program will check file system on the partition. And then click Apply, you can successfully merged the partitions.
Tip: System partition and boot partition can only be set as destination. The same to the partition installed EaseUS partition tool.
Here is a comparison table that tells you the main features of Windows 7 Disk Management Tool and EaseUS partition software. You can read and decide which tool is your best choice.
|Features||EaseUS Partition Master||Windows 7 Disk Management|
|copy dynamic volume, copy disk/partition|
|extend NTFS system partition without reboot|
|Create, delete, format, change drive letter, set active|
|Move, hide, label, check partitions|
|delete all partition|
|Create Bootable Disks|