- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Windows 7 has been released for 5 months since Oct 22, 2009. More and more users upgrade to this new Operating System. Due to its beautiful appearance, enhanced efficiency and other new features, Windows 7 becomes the best-selling product of Microsoft Operating System.
When you are amazed at the new Operating System, you may ignore some disk partition problems.
If you install Windows 7 to original Windows XP partition, you'll find that the free space of system partition may be low. It causes your computer to respond slowly, even crash if the used space beyond the critical value. If so, what will you do, reinstall Windows?
Some brand new computers are sold with OEM Windows 7 Operating System, but the vendors set the system partition too small, after using the computer for a while, you'll encounter this low disk space problem. Then what will you do, re-create partition and install Operating System again?
In fact, these problems could be easily solved - repartition Windows 7 drives.
There are 3 methods for you to repartition Windows 7 drives.
This is a command line integrated with Windows 7 Operating System. Press Windows & R, input "diskpart" and then press Enter. As it is too complex for many computer users, it is not the best idea to repartition Windows 7 drives.
Right click My Computer > Manage > Storage > Disk Management, right click a partition you'll find Shrink and Extend feature. With this feature, you can repartition Windows 7 drives. Unfortunately, this feature is inconvenient as you cannot expand a partition if there is no unallocated space behind it. So to expand the system partition, you have to delete the partition that behind it.
With partition manager software, you can repartition Windows 7 drives very easily. EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition is free for Windows home users (32 bit and 64 bit), it provides two ways to repartition Windows 7 hard drive: one is "Resize/move partition"; the other is "Merge partition."
The following is step-by-step instruction to extend system partition (C: drive).
1. Download the freeware first and install it. Because there is no unallocated space behind the system partition, you have to first obtain the required space and then extend the system partition.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" to repartition hard drive and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive. Then there will be unallocated space behind E: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards in order to make the unallocated space behind the system partition.
4. Select the system partition (C: drive), right click it and select "Resize/Move partition", drag the partition handle rightwards to extend system partition (C: drive).
5. Click Apply.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Apart from resize/move partition features, EaseUS Partition Master provides some other basic and advanced partition manager features, copy disk and partition, partition recovery, etc. which help you manage your hard disk partition in a good way.