Since Windows Vista, Microsoft developed a built-in Extend/Shrink partition functions in the Disk Management tool to help computer users to well manage their hard drive disks.
Have you ever found that you need to split a hard disk into two or more partitions? The answer must be yes with the following reasons that why Microsoft develops a built-in partition feature in Disk Management tool:
Just as Windows Vista, Windows 7's partition tool is also in the Disk Management tool. It can be accessed by opening Start menu and right-click on Computer, then select Manage.
NTFS-formatted partitions can be made larger or smaller by right-clicking them and choosing Extend or Shrink. When a partition is shrunk or extended, its contents remain intact. It's even possible to shrink the active system partition from which Windows is currently running.
Steps to partition Windows 7 in Disk Management:
1) Click on the Start menu;
2) Right click on Computer and click on Manage;
3) You may get a User Account Control dialog here; just click Continue;
4) In the left pane, open up the Storage category and click on Disk Management;
5) Here, you will find your partitions for your disks. Right click on the partition you'd like to modify;
6) Click on Extend Volume or Shrink Volume to extend or shrink the selected partition.
1. Choose right edition of EaseUS Partition Master and install it. After that, launch EaseUS Partition Master.
2. Right click the selected partition and choose "Resize/Move partition". As it is showed below, the pop-up dialog box can show you the current size of the selected partition, the cluster size and the unallocated space (if any exists) and so on. Then drag the handle to the partition size you desire when the mouse pointer changes to a double-headed arrow and click OK.
3. After previewing the changes, just click Apply and you will successfully resize a Windows 7 partition.
For more detailed information, please visit resizing and moving partitions.
Apart from resize/move partition features, EaseUS Partition Master provides merge partition functions for low disk space probelm and some other basic and advanced partition operations which help you manage your hard disk partition in a good way.
Thanks for visiting EaseUS, please let us know how we can improve this article or make it more useful to you. Should you need technical support please feel free to contact email@example.com.
Copyright © 2005-2013 CHENGDU Yiwo® Tech Development Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.
Partition Magic ® is a registered trademark of Symantec Corporation.