- For Business
- Partition Master ProfessionalBuyTry
- Partition Master ServerBuyTry
- Partition Master UnlimitedBuyTry
Under Windows Server 2008, conventional hard disk storage continues to be the long-term storage method of choice rather than solid state drive (SSD) or hybrid hard drive (HHD), so you still need to do Windows 2008 disk management by server partition software or the Disk Management to get best use of your device.
1. Widows 2008 Disk Management cannot move partitions. It means that Widows 2008 Disk Management can only extend 2008 server partition unless there is unallocated space adjacent to this partition.
2. When system partition is out of spaceand if there is no unallocated space right behind the system partition, the powerful Disk Management is useless.
If you insist to use Windows Server 2008 Disk Management to extend your system partition, you can backup the partition right behind the system partition and then delete this partition. But I can guarantee that you have another easier method to extend your systen partition.
Windows Server 2008 partition manager - EaseUS Partition Master offers a bundle of rich partition management functions for Windows 2008 disk management. Generally, key features of EaseUS Partition Master's partition manager section including: Extend System Partition, Resize/Move Partition, Create Partition, Merge Partitions, Rebuild MBR, disk defragmentation, Wipe Disk, Create a Bootable CD/DVD, Set an Active Partition etc. All hardware RAID supported.
EaseUS Partition Master, an all-in-one disk management solution, also provides Partition Recovery and Copy Wizard other than handling partition management issues like extend system partition, resize/move partition, split/merge partition(s) and so on as partition manager.
Tips: It is important to back up the server before resizing server partition, because nothing is 100% secure.
1. Launch this server partition software - EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition.
2. Select partition you want to resize, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle to resize the partition.
3. Click Apply to finish the process.