Make your life easy!
ALL-IN-ONE Windows Server disk management toolkit
Time Limited Offer - 20% OFF
30-day Money Back Guarantee
Is the free space on your disk too little, especially the C drive? Does it seem that something fishy is going on which is eating your disk space? If your answer is yes, this article will help you to increase disk space.
Some reasons for drive full are:
There are some other reasons as well. Anyhow if your drive is out of space, then how to fix it to increase disk space will become urgent. Let's read on for the solution.
When you encounter the low disk space issue on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, especially the C drive, you would not be happy by the non stop pops-up and want to seek some solutions to increase disk space to optimize Windows server's performance. There are some solutions can free up disk space on your C drive.
1. Clean up the hard disk drive.
You can run the Disk Cleanup function by clicking on the Low Disk Space popup. This tool will scan your drives and look for files that you can safely erase. Usually this will be of little help.
2. Remove programs. You can consider removing programs that you don't use and moving large media files to other partition. But you will spend a lot of time to do this.
It is bothersome as the above methods could only solve this low disk space problem temporarily. When you find that the C drive is full again, you have to seek new method to solve it. The fast and efficient way to solve server low disk space problem is increasing disk space with server partition manger software.
Server partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition can easily increase disk space on Windows Server 2000/2003/2008, especially increase disk space of C drive on Windows Server.
1. Launch EaseUS Partition Master Server Edition.
2. Select partition E:, right click it, select "Resize/Move partition" and drag the partition handle leftwards to resize E drive to make unallocated space for C: drive.
3. Move E: drive rightwards to let the unallocated space be behind the system partition (C: drive) and click OK.
4. Select the C drive, right click it and select "Resize/Move partition" to extand C: drive as the picture showing below.
5. Click Apply.
Tips: If there is some unallocated space right behind the system partition, please extend it with "Resize/Move partition" directly.
Besides Partition Manager, EaseUS Partition Master provides Partition Recovery Wizard and Disk and Partition Copy Wizard features. It is a complete solution to solve your server hard disk drive and partition problems.
Do not forget to back up your server in case of disasters! EaseUS Todo Backup Server, the comprehensive server backup & recovery software, will protect your business from disasters and ensure business continuity.